Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 08:14:11 -0700
From:
AdaWorks <[log in to unmask]>
Michael's message [below] regarding coverage of Ada in ESP
is pretty accurate.  However, I have found that anytime I have
a good article related to embedded systems, ESP has been
willing to publish it.  In fact, they have never turned
down any of my submissions.

The key to acceptance seems to be that a submission is of
broad interest to the readers of the magazine rather than
narrowly focused on a single language.  Certainly there are
articles that highlight a particular language, most recently
Java.  However, an Ada article that deals with the solution
to a set of problems encountered by those working in other
languages can have great appeal.  It is even better when the
solution can have a parallel solution (or demonstrate the
inability of a parallel solution) using another language.

There are many opportunities to engage ESP readers using Ada
as the reasoning medium.  Of most importance is demonstrating
real solutions to real problems deployed on real platforms.

I have been busy with other writing projects over the past couple
of years and have not been as regular a contributor to ESP as in
the past.  Sometime I need to start contributing again, but it will
not be soon.  Meanwhile, some of you who are able to formulate a
set of coherent and interesting sentences might like to write
about solutions you have developed in Ada and submit them for
consideration to the ESP editor.  As stated earlier, I have found
them quite willing to accept well-crafted articles describing
real solutions that involve Ada.

Richard

Richard Riehle
AdaWorks Software Engineering