From:
Prof R Conn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 1997 15:20:30 EDT
Hi, Everyone,

This has been a good thread on why we are starting to see an
increase in Ada-oriented activity in various ways.  I thought
I should also mention the activities of the Jersey Shore
SIGAda chapter.  You can find out about these on our web pages
at

  http://www.monmouth.edu/muse/sigada/

There is an "Upcoming Events" button that gives a nice summary
with detailed flyers available at a click.

In two days, on Oct 8, there will be a "Systems and Software
Expo" at the Fort Monmouth Officer's Club.  It's advertised
widely, including to our local technology centers such as
the FAA, Lucent, Bell Core, Bell Atlantic, Fort Monmouth, and
a number of others, including a host of support contractors
surrounding each.  Presentations will be made by Silicon
Graphics and Microsoft (among others), and over 50 companies
will have booths, including Bell Atlantic, Data General,
Dell, EdgeMark, Exabyte, Gateway 2000, Intergraph,
Litton, Microsoft, NEC, Sunsoft, Toshiba, and many others,
particularly Aonix.  It's great to see an Ada compiler vendor
there in the mix with all the others.  This event is free.

Next week, on Oct 15, there will be a presentation at MITRE
on Java and Ada95.  Again, a nice mix to attract both communities.
This event is also free.

Next month, on Nov 5, there will be a day-long seminar with
Paul Bassett on Component-Based Software Manufacturing.  For only
$100, the audience gets lunch and Paul's book as well as the
seminar.

Supporting and sponsoring these kinds of events is what I think
would be good for all SIGAda chapters to do.  Showing Ada in the
mix with the other options is a good way to put Ada on a level
playing field with everyone else.

Again, if you are interested in finding out more (including
registration information), see the web pages.

Rick
--
Richard Conn, PAL Manager  |  [log in to unmask]
Opinions expressed herein are my own and not necessarily those of anyone else.