Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 23:26:30 -0500
From:
Jack Beidler <[log in to unmask]>
In an attempt perform software reuse, I have always tried to find
something rather than building it.  Over the past year I have been
pondering the construction of web based resources to browse a collection
of packages.  I had a chance to recently experiment with several ideas
while teaching a web programming course.  I gave as an assignment to my
undergraduates web class an assignment to experiment with the
construction of tables of contents and indices, similar to what you
would find in the front and rear of a good reference book.  I’m
currently on sabbatical and had an opportunity to take the results of
the efforts of my students and construct a system to build tables of
contents and indices for the set of packages that come with the Win
95/NT version of the GNAT compiler.  There are still a few defects in
the system, but it is in reasonable form and I would appreciate your
suggestions.  I plan to make some improvements before I release the
software for general use.

It may be accessed at http://www.cs.uofs.edu/~beidler/adatoc/

I appreciate your comments.  Suggestions are always welcome.

Jack Beidler
--
John (Jack) Beidler Ph.D.
Prof. of Computer Science        (717)941-7774 voice