From:
Matthew Heaney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthew Heaney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 03:34:28 -0800
Edward Colbert <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> I'm thinking of organizing a workshop on Patterns at SIGAda '99.  Is there
> interest?  What do you think the focus should be?  Here are two ideas I had
>
> 1) Design Patterns For Real-Time
> 2) Design Patterns for Distributed Systems

Actually, I'm going to submit a proposal for a tutorial on design
pattern technology for SIGAda '99, though not on the real-time and
distributed patterns specifically.

For those of you who don't know, I've been translating the patterns in
the GoF book to Ada95, and posting them to the ACM patterns archive.

<http://www.acm.org/archives/patterns.html>

Eventually I'll start documenting patterns for concurrency.  Linda
Rising has been pushing for this for a long time.

But certainly, I would be interested such a workshop.  I enjoyed the one
we had last year.  We had a pretty good turn-out, in spite of the fact
that George Romanski had workshop at the same time that had free beer!

Matt