Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Advocacy Issues (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
From: "S. Ron Oliver" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 06:03:24 -0700
At 11:06 AM 11/8/01 +0000, Simon Wright wrote:
. . .

>Basically, the subset of Ada that you[1
>pretty much have to use to get independent certification for
>high-criticality software doesn't include exceptions, or tasking, or
>. (name other interesting feature!).

You need to check into recent developments with SPARK.  I don't remember
the details, but this year at SIGAda 2001 they announced some substantial
increases in the size of the SPARK subset.  I don't think the include
tasking, yet, but they indicated they are moving in that direction.

sro

S. Ron Oliver, semi-retired professor of Computer Science and Computer
Engineering.  www.csc.calpoly.edu/~sroliver

caress Corporation is proud to be the U.S. representative for Top Graph'X,
developers of high quality software components, using Ada.  For more
information, check out www.topgraphx.com.