From:
"C. Daniel Cooper" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
C. Daniel Cooper
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 21:10:31 -0700
Wes,

> > Rational ... ASIS .. Ada Analyzer ... can find shared variables,
>
> Problem here is we have to modify and recompile Ada Analyzer (AA).

I'm not sure I follow you: do you have source code for Rational's AA?

> As currently written, you have to point AA at two tasks and ask it to show
> shared variables.  We need to have it identify variables shared by ANY TWO
> of the hundreds of tasks in our system.  (Although I am looking into
> whether a command-line AA along with 'find' / 'perl' / 'egrep / etc.
> might do the job)

Are you thinking of the "Locate Data Synchronization Points" analysis?
It is not limited to checking two tasks at a time; instead you point
it to (call trees of) all the tasks of interest, and it reports
any shared variables within that set, along with the sharing mode
(read/write/both).

--

Adv Computing Technologist | All opinions are mine |