From:
Richard Conn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 11 Oct 1997 22:16:36 -0400
As you can tell, I've been working in various ways with
Simtel.Net for some time (to be exact, I need to bring
their Ada collection more up to date now that GNAT 3.10
is out).

In talking to Keith Peterson (who runs Simtel.Net) the
other day, I discovered that Simtel.Net will soon (if
not already has) be affiliated with C|Net Central.
For those of you not familiar with C|Net Central, this
service has a very useful web site, its own TV show
(which airs on several cable stations, including the
USA Network), and a number of electronic newsletters
that come out every week (the C|Net Digital Dispatch
which I get had 870,000 subscribers as of the last
issue).

Needless to say, I found this interesting, and potentially
useful for Ada.  I'd like to try to get a little TV
exposure to the Ada archive on Simtel.Net (after, of course,
updating this archive with the latest versions of the
MSDOS and Win 95/NT tools).  The C|Net Central TV show
and Digital Dispatch would be two good places to shoot
for, and, with the new Simtel.Net tie, this might be
quite possible.  Actually, if we make one, we make both
because the TV show is complemented by both the web pages
and the newsletter.

Will keep you informed.

Rick
--