Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 18:14:30 -0400
7bit
From:
"David F. Harrison" <[log in to unmask]>
John McCormick wrote:

> ...ACM uses Listserv software.  It has all the options mentioned by Rick
> including restricting posting to subscribers of the list.  ACM Support
> folks recommend not using this restriction option.
>
> The major problem with restricting posting to subscribers is with e-mail
> addresses.  You can only post if your return address is identical to that
> in the list's list of subscribers.  For many people, that means it is not
> possible to post from a different machine than the one they subscribed
> from.

The problem John notes is one with which I'm currently struggling;  I can't
delete the subscription to TEAM-ADA for my FORMER address because I made the
mistake of subscribing using my ACM FORWARDING address (to ensure I wouldn't
miss anything!  8~)
--
David F. Harrison       SIGAda '98 Publicity Chair
(703) 560-2047 (R)  (703) 760-0261 (W)