From:
Tucker Taft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 13:27:44 -0400
> Full Circle:  The free Java Developers Kit comes with a Classes.zip file
>               that is 9 megabytes. Could we please have those classes in
>               Ada-95?

If you are talking about Ada95 implemented on top of the Java platform,
then all you need are the package specs for these classes, which
you can download from both the Intermetrics and Aonix web sites.
You can use the same class files.

However, if you are talking about the same set of stuff for a compiled
version of Ada, this is a non-trivial task, though one that
we agree might be worth doing.  It would be especially good if
we could tap into the JDK "DLL" or "shared library" that is
used to support these Java classes on a particular target O/S.

> ... It also comes with fonts and sample programs for
>               distributing data and processing across the Net.
>
> How can I CONTRIBUTE in helping you make this large delivery this Fall?
>
> Why could there not be a single standardized library of data structures
> and Net and Gui interfaces that were common to C, C++, Java, and Ada-95?
>
> Mike Brenner [log in to unmask]

-Tucker Taft  [log in to unmask]