Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 19:17:23 -0500
From:
Richard Conn <[log in to unmask]>
Hello,

I am currently using Rational Apex on the Sun platform.
I highly recommend it.  The mindset just takes a little
getting used to (you have to think in terms of subsystems
and views), but it is not bad (I took about an hour to get
the hang of it and have been fine ever since).  I've found
that the more I got into it, the more I liked it.  Also,
GRASP works fine with it (if you have not tried documenting
your code with GRASP, you should give it a try).

I've also used Aonix on Windows and GNAT on Windows, Suns, and
SGI.  No complaints about any of them.

I'm also currently using GNAT with AdaGIDE and GRASP for
teaching.  All freeware (the students can take it home)
and excellent for teaching.  I include the Ada and
Software Engineering (ASE) CDROM for other resources as
the students wish (including Lovelace, components, info, etc) -
caveat: I'm the editor of the ASE CDROM;-) and note that the
ASE website, which contains all the material on the CDROM, is
freely available to everyone.  I'm using Barnes' latest edition
for the text (and it includes the Aonix ObjectAda Special
Edition, as does the ASE CDROM).

Rick
Richard Conn        mailto:[log in to unmask]
ASE, PAL, & SDE Mgr http://xenadu.home.mindspring.com/

Opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of others