Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 15:50:16 -0600
From:
James Squire <[log in to unmask]>
Hal Hart wrote:

> HON. MR. PAIGE/Drew:
>
> Now I'm confused.  Last night I read a posting from Rush Kester that
> Mr. Paige had asked for community input on the breadth of definition
> of "war-fighting" and whether or not the Ada requirement should be
> completely removed, among other questions.  Then today I read a
> post from Mr. Paige via Rush stating that he has decided to totally
> eliminate the requirement to use Ada for any type of system.

So am I.  This "thing" continues to outpace my efforts to "get used to
it".  I thought the problem was that the scope of the mandate was too
wide.  I still have not heard a precise definition of "war-fighting"
software, but I had been hoping that this would be the outcome and that
for such projects the Ada mandate would be maintained.  It would have
clarified things around here (my place of work) in a reasonable way.

Instead, the question is punted completely.

"April Fool's" indeed.
--
James Squire           mailto:m193884 no junk mail
MDA Avionics Tools & Processes