From:
"Crispen, Bob" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 15:31:33 -0600
[log in to unmask] sez:

> Just a note to let you know that Ada is still alive
> at Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, CA.  I have
> recently accepted an appointment to the faculty there
> and, among my first classes will be Ada As a Second
> Language, starting April 3.
>
> During my interviews with other faculty, I was suprised
> to discover a very intelligent attituded regarding Ada.
> Several other professors indicated their fondness for Ada.
> There are even some very interesting projects by graduate
> students involving Ada.

You shouldn't be surprised to find an intelligent attitude
about *anything* among the faculty at the NPS.  The folks
on that faculty I've met, especially Don Brutzman and Don
McGregor, are simply outstanding people with an intelligence
and an aptitude for hard work that boggles the mind.

You'll also find the students there are industrial vacuum
cleaners for information and skills, and they also set
an amazing pace for quality and quantity of work.  I've
had a chance to see what one class could do performing
to an inhuman schedule.  Given the task of creating an
animated 3D cartoon in about two months from zero knowledge
of the language, the modeling tools, and practically zero
knowledge of 3D geometry -- they produced not only
properly animated, well lit characters and scenes, but
actual stories, and were adding stuff in to see how far
they could push the technology.

You're going to find yourself challenged, both to earn a
place among those faculty people, and to earn the
respect of the young men and women who are students
at NPS.

I envy you.

Bob Crispen