Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 11:31:59 -0500
From:
Stephen Schwarm <[log in to unmask]>
I always defined a hacker as a person who enters:

main()
{
}

with an editor, compiles and then envokes the debugger to do
the real work.

I remember in a previous job when someone came to me to get
help running the debugger because I was the UNIX expert and were
very suprised to find out I could not answer their question
because I used it so little.  In that case I was writing
in C.  I delivered about 3.5KSOCs and made 38 errors.  37
of them would have been caught for me by an Ada or Pascal
compiler.  BTW all the errors were caught in unit test.

Steve Schwarm
Sr. Princ. Eng.
MITRE