Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 07:24:55 -0600
From:
Robin Reagan <[log in to unmask]>
I have a suggestion for an open-source Ada program!

A Gnutella client/server.

This file sharing system (IMHO) has the potential to be one of the next
"killer apps" (It also has the potential to be a dud!). This would show the
power of Ada as a server application and versatility of building a GUI!

On a similar note, We would have to ship an Ada program in binary format
(along with source if we choose GPL! Any opinions on the BSD license?)
because most people don't have ready access to an Ada compiler! We would
need to include directions on getting GNAT (at least) with the distribution.

My US$.02

Robin Reagan
[log in to unmask]       http://www.reagans.org/
          _