From:
Robin Reagan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 08:48:04 -0600
At 09:58 AM 6/9/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Yes,  Your right that Ada "shines" in the real-time embedded applications.
>Your also right that the subject of an Ada RTOS has also been discussed
>several times over.  The drawback are that a successful RTOS requires a high

The "high level of support" is where the money can be made (See ACT).

The support I have been getting from WindRiver is good technically but is not
what I consider in a timely manner.

>level of support (IMO impossible with volunteers).  It also fails the

The "Killer app" part is unimportant. What is important is showing
(the non-Ada community) that Ada can compete where it counts. If we can't
show that Ada can compete in the area that is was designed for we have no
hope in other areas.

>"killer
>app" requirement that no existing success products are already on the
>market.

The problem with Linux is the GPL. I work in an area that giving away the
source
would not be acceptable to my employer (And I agree with this). Is there an
RT/embedded BSD?