From:
"Kester, Rush W." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 08:35:34 -0400
Hal,

It's unfortunate that SIGAda membership alone does not qualify
one for voting.  I can understand why ACM requires all elected
officers to be ACM members, but why disenfranchise SIGAda only
members.  Perhaps we could convince ACM to limit the ACM &
SIGAda requirement to office holders and allow all SIGAda members
to vote.

I'd like to see information about the duties & responsibilities,
time commitment & travel/meeting requirements for SIGAda officers
posted somewhere on the SIGAda web site.  In addition to these basic
questions, the contact info for the Nominations Chair (in this
case you) should be posted for the inevitable additional questions.

Thanks!
Rush