Date:
Wed, 7 May 1997 14:03:13 +0200
From:
Samuel Tardieu <[log in to unmask]>

Stephen> I'm in need of a tool to help find memory leaks in Ada
Stephen> programs running on Solaris 2.5.  Does any one know of such a
Stephen> tool? This is for a program that has gone though a lot of
Stephen> changes by many people.  It curently is being compiled by
Stephen> GNAT, but we would be willing to buy another Ada 95 compiler
Stephen> to address the issues.

Try "plumber". It's freely available AFAIK, and if you can't find it
just drop me a note and I'll send it as an attachement.

"
Plumber is a tool that replaces the normal library versions of NEW and
UNCHECKED_DEALLOCATION under Ada and malloc and free under C or
C++. It currently supports:

  OS         Arch    Compilers
  SunOS 4.1  sparc   SunAda 1.1, gnat 3.01, gcc, g++
  Solaris    sparc   SunAda 2.1, gnat 3.01, gcc, g++
  Linux      i386    gnat 3.01, gcc, g++

The program runs normally, but when the program finishes execution it
generates a log file that lists all of the unfreed memory blocks.
"

Note that this READ_ME excerpt comes from plumber 1.6 which is
probably an old version. You should be able to find a more recent
version on the WWW.

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- [log in to unmask]