From:
"W. Wesley Groleau x4923" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 1998 13:47:24 -0500
> > Management: "#$^$^%%!  We saved a hundred dollars by re-using GNAT code,
> > now we have to spend a hundred dollars a week answering requests for the
> > source.  We'll never use any GNAT code again!"
>
>    This is a Very Bad Thing to have these junk "stories" floating
>    around.
>
> GPL> b) Accompany it with a written offer, valid for at least three
> GPL> years, to give any third party, for a charge no more than your
> GPL> cost of physically performing source distribution, a complete
> GPL> machine-readable copy of the corresponding source code, to be
> GPL> distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a medium
> GPL> customarily used for software interchange; or,

Sorry, you're right.  I forgot about that part.   Then again, for some
companies (or some projects), the trouble of changing the release process
to include such an offer or to ensure that part of the source code is
distributed with the program is enough to make them back off from using
the GPL'd code--especially if it's something they could re-invent
relatively cheaply.