From:
"Joyce L. Tokar" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 1996 18:53:36 +0500
I am a strong advocate for the representation of Ada at
non-Ada conferences.  I recently had a paper at the
ICSPAT/DSP World conference on the highlights of Ada 95.
The big surprise for me when I went to present this paper
was the strong pro-assembly language position emanating
from the attendees.  Much to my surprise, there were
attendees that did not know that there was an Ada
solution available for any DSP processor.

Ada does show up at other interesting little conferences
such at Embedded Systems.

Perhaps, given the NRC report, more energy should be
spent in getting visibility into the embedded systems
market.

Obviously, the trade off is between trying to get Ada
into non-traditional Ada environments vs. deeper penetration
into the markets in which Ada has demonstrated success.