From:
"Taylor, Bill - UK" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 16:11:18 +0100
John

You could always look at the value of Control_Data.Month'Valid to check that
Unchecked_Conversion has yielded a valid value. The attribute was added in
Ada95 precisely becuase you couldn't rely on compilers to perform a range
check. If they did, then the Unchecked_Conversion wouldn't be "unchecked".

regards
Bill Taylor ( [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> )
Technical Consultant, Aerospace & Defence Sector
Rational Software Ltd.
Romsey, UK
tel: +44 1794 514388
fax: +44 1794 514448