From:
"Howard W. Ludwig" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 14:39:00 -0500
[log in to unmask] wrote on 1998-01-09:

(good stuff snipped)

On the down side, there is a clear decline in support for Ada for a lot of
platforms.  In many situations we are required to continue with Ada 83
compilers because some platforms are not widely enough used to create an
Ada compiler.  Further, some (not all) compiler publishers seem to be
de-escalating their commitment to Ada in the aftermath of Emmett Paige's
abrogation of DoD Ada policy.

My reply:

For such platforms, I do not expect to see _any_ C++ compiler, either!  At
least we have Ada 83.

I also know of at least one vendor holding off moving into C++ because of
various concerns.

Howard W. LUDWIG
Working (but not speaking) for Lockheed Martin Electronics & Missiles Co.