Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Advocacy Issues (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 17:11:05 -0600
From: jim hopper <[log in to unmask]>
At 2:39 PM -0600 2/6/98, James Squire wrote:

>The point is:  *IF* Ada programmers are hard to come by, then your
>insight above is useless.  I'm not an expert in the recruitment area, so
>I take on face value that these comments come (in this case) from actual
>experience trying to hire Ada programmers.
Well there are lots of people CLAIMING to be C++ programmes and c
programmers but of these people how many would YOU hire??  I see this a
lot.  Everyone who can program c, claims to be able to do C++.  Lets face
it theres a lot more to C++ and OOP in genral than language syntax!

jim

At a recent computer software engineering course in the US, the participants
were given an awkward question to answer.  "If you had just boarded an
airliner and discovered that your team of programmers had been responsible
for the flight control software, how many of you would disembark
immediately?"
                    unknown author