From:
AdaWorks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 11:41:46 -0800
I like the use of the word, "trust" in the slogan.

     Trust Ada

     Ada for Software you can trust

     Trust your life to Ada

     For trusted software, use Ada

It is true that I "borrowed" the expression, "When failure is not an option"
for my ealier Ada slogan.  I still like it.  Somewhow the slogan must convey
the idea that Ada is intended for safe software. A few inappropriate slogans
come to mind as derivations from the previous sentence.

The slogan is not intended to persuade anyone.  A slogan is intended to pique
interest, not convey information.  The expression, "More is less" comes
to mind.  One could even consider the use of a slogan that has nothing to do
with Ada's reliability or safety-critical features.  Many successful slogans
have deliberately avoided saying anything important about their product.

     Find romance with Ada.

     Ada, soybeans, broccoli:  good for you. good for your system.

     Aloft with Ada.

     Ada. The unexpected choice.

Richard

Richard Riehle