From:
Daniel Wengelin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 08:04:31 +0100
Fellow Teamers,

the project I'm currently working with is in a bit of trouble with our use
of SameDL. Here's the story:

we (CelsiusTech Systems) purchased a SameDL compiler from Sybase
originally. We had som technical
problems with it and had the licens transferred to Intermetrics, the
originator of the SameDL product. We paid
the maintenance fees and everything was OK for a while.

However, we then realised that Intermetrics had stopped maintaining the
product and that our bug reports were
no longer handled. I tried to get Intermetrics to help us out, but they
sent a message saying that they no longer
had any interest whatsoever in SameDL.

So, how should I proceed?

I see two main options: 1) persuade Intermetrics to maintain the product or
release the source to us, or 2) get
another SameDL product into our system.

I have tried 1) several times and have just got different flavours of "No"
("We apologize for any inconveniences
this may cause you, but the business decision is firm.").

2) is less attractive, but if all else fails... Any hints on open source
SameDL or a product that will be guaranteed
not to put us again in the situation Intermetrics put us?

Thanks for any help!

                         Dan

Daniel Wengelin
CelsiusTech Systems