Date:
Sun, 7 Feb 1999 13:08:47 EST
[log in to unmask] (David D. Shochat) wrote:

>I guess I finally need to speak up after a long "lurking" period. I
>think a little perspective has to be injected here. Ever since I started
>working for Raytheon in 9/97, I have been struck by the high quality of
>my management, including technically. It is of course a big company
>(especially after merger with Hughes, TI, E-Systems) and I have
>visibility only into a small part. But that part is using nothing but
>Ada and with full support of management, on several related projects. I
>found Wesley's post painful especially realizing we both work for the
>same company, but there is a bigger picture which does not all point in
>the same direction.

A "mandate" from company headquarters might not favor Ada, so look
at the diverse situation as an opportunity to compare results from
two different approaches.

Presuming your (newly formed:-) company has excellent people doing
the C work, the engineering "results" could turn out beyond reproach.
If so, however, the financial "results" might be otherwise in terms
of the degree of effort to get the engineering correct.