From:
David Botton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 21:35:50 -0700
--- Michael Feldman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Rick, have you tried working behind the scenes to
> make connections
> between the relevant Microsoft folks and the Ada
> vendor companies?
> The decision-makers on both sides are - we can be
> pretty sure - not
> likely to be readers of Team-Ada!
>
> Mike Feldman

Sounds like a good Idea, but I suspect he will have
experiences like when I contacted MS about Visual
Studio .Net about integrating Ada with VS they asked
me to deposit $25,000 at the door. (Although they
asked me for the money after the non-disclosure so I
am not sure if it was legal to tell you all.... oh
well)

Rick,

Many of us have been working to let Ada ride the MS
marketing machine, perhaps you should look before you
leap with more propaganda and see what would you could
to to actually help.

I highly recommend you make it to my tutorials and
talk at SigAda 2000, there has been much work in the
realm of Ada support of Microsoft products that you
clearly are unaware of. Perhaps more time spent
evangelizing __TO MICROSOFT__ on the advantages of
using Ada with their technologies (which it CAN now
fully and easily exploit using GNAT and its related
technologies!) instead of trying to convince us to
embrace broken technologies like VB (you really should
get yourself a copy of Delphi, you will be absolutely
ashamed at yourself for having ever mentioned VB).

David Botton

http://invites.yahoo.com/