From:
AdaWorks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 26 Oct 1997 15:30:54 -0800
The opinion has been expressed that someone who starts
a business selling a product programmed in Ada might
find some difficulty achieving success. I know of at
least one product which is programmed in Ada and is
begin sold to customers.  The customers have no idea
it is programmed in Ada, and they probably do not care.

Oddly enough, a representative of the company which makes the software
told me that when they tried to sell a copy to one of our U.S. Military
services, they were rejected because it was discovered that it was
programmed in Ada.

Meanwhile the company is quietly marketing its product without announcing
to the rest of its customers any information about the development
technology.  Their view is, why should anyone care?

Richard

Richard Riehld
AdaWorks Software Engineering
Suite 30