Keith Shillington <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 9 Jan 1998 09:45:42 -0800
At 12:11 PM 1/9/98 -0500, Roepe, Marsha wrote:

>Are Ada programmers really that hard to find?

This is one of the big detrimental side effects of programming in Ada,
information hiding is a key aspect of the language, which seems to include
the fact that someone happens to be a skilled Ada programmer.  I know
they're out there, as I've personally trained thousands of them.

>The second big issue seems to be, will there be support for Ada later
>on?  Sure there's stuff now, but will the pool of 3rd party support dry
>up?

Good thing you've asked an unbiased audience THAT question.  I'd imagine
that any member of this list would respond something like: "over my dead
body"; of course, we will eventually die off, but expect that we'll leave a
legacy of intelligent, highly disciplined Ada programmers behind us.
Unless, of course we all go the way of a few other "greats" in the industry
and wind up spending our lives publishing high quality photographs on the
web....
Keith Shillington - [log in to unmask]
Manager, Quality Assurance and Ada Customer Support