Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 13:18:59 -0800
From:
"Robert C. Leif, Ph.D." <[log in to unmask]>
From: Bob Leif
To: Alexander Kopilovitch et al.

You wrote,  "Do they want a Microsoft Ada (with Microsoft-only extensions)?
Do they want "Ada for Dummies" and "Ada in 21 Day"
books to be published?"

Absolutely!! Since I use many Microsoft products, I do have a vested
interest in significantly increasing their reliability, etc. However, I
would switch to a competitor that sold similar products written in Ada. Any
negative marketing practices by Microsoft would be offset by the vast
increase in usage of Ada.

It must be emphasized, that SUN has been advertising its proprietary
language, JAVA, as a modern technology and IBM has stupidly to its own
detriment supported SUN's efforts.