From:
John McCormick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John McCormick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 14:46:15 -0500
When I used Ada in an intermediate data structures course I gave the
assignment to convert an access type based binary search tree to direct_io
based.  The students enjoyed running their application with both
implementations.

John

At 09:02 AM 9/28/2001 -0500, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>Ages ago, I had to port an app from VAX Ada to Verdix.
>It used a VMS-specific "Indexed_IO" package which had
>to have a Verdix version created.  Due to the usual employee
>innovation agreements, I can't offer it to the public, but something
>similar might be a useful thing if someone wanted to re-invent it.
>
>Just imagine some form of search tree and/or hash mechanism,
>only replace the access types with Direct_IO.Count

John W. McCormick                [log in to unmask]
Computer Science Department      [log in to unmask]
University of Northern Iowa      voice (319) 273-6056
Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0507       fax (319) 273-7123
http://www.cs.uni.edu/~mccormic/