Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 17:26:31 -0400
From:
Michael Feldman <[log in to unmask]>
[said Wes]

> > As an old Chicagoite with a deep respect for The Late and Great
> > Honorable Mayor, I'd actually ask that everyone just vote once so
> > there's no excuse to throw out the results.  Not that any Team Ada
> > member would ever be so un-civic minded as to skew a democratic process.
>
> No, but I could daydream about a Java fanatic panicking at that 5%.  He
> "knows" that is incorrect, so he tries to write a "voting engine" to
> remedy inaccuracy.  But he has to use Visual Basic or Ada to get it to
> work!
>
> Before you flame, note I said "daydream." :-)
>
> However, the very possibility is enough to cast doubt on the results--or
> on the word "democratic."
>
> Wes Groleau

Well, I assume nobody is foolish enough to take this sort of
web survey _too_ seriously. I figure ESP is doing it just to get
some handle on who their readers are. Don't stuff the ballot box.

BTW - at 5:30 EDST, Ada is up to 52.9%. (of 556 votes)

Obviously this is because we are so well-networked in the Ada
community that word of this survey spread very rapidly via Team-Ada
and a few other lists. 'Course my wife would probably say we
haven't got anything better to do than read Team-Ada e-mail.:-)

Mike