From:
Mike Brenner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 May 1998 08:20:25 -0400
John pointed out some weaknesses in a forthcoming program to be published
in JOOP. John, as we struggle with how to best do constructors, could
you publish some example code that does it elegantly? I would like to
learn less-restrictive methods of doing Ada-95.

If there are simple, elegant ways in Ada-95 of doing the kind of constructors
you can do in Turbo Pascal with Objects, it would be helpful to
post them on the Net somewhere and put pointers to them here and in
comp.lang.ada.

I agree that revealing unnecessary components of private types is not good,
but some good examples would go a long way towards establishing a good
practice.