From:
Tom Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 10:15:18 -0700
> I'm developing an ADA program to control the parallel
> port on a PC. It seems easy, just as in C.
> The problem is I get some EXCEPTION ACCESS VIOLATION,
> everytime I try to access the address of the port
  What OS are you using?  You do realize that the later MS OSes don't
allow arbitrary program access to the IO ports.  Also, the fact you get
an Access violation sounds more like you are trying to access an illegal
RAM address.  You're sure you are not trying to access a port IO address
as if it was a memory address, right?