From:
Tom Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 17:37:55 -0700
>"STANDARDS.
>
>Clearly defined and agreed-upon conventions for programming
>intefaces. Standards may be (bullets mine)

  Can someone please point me to the clearly defined standards for the
Windows API?  I have only some of the definitions in the various books
I have, in the VC++ help files, and in MS's online support, and some
of those definitions do not match reality.  For instance, what is the
standard floating point length mode (64 vs 80 bits) when running under
Windows, and if one particular setting is not part of the spec, then
is it specified to be specific to, and saved and restored for, a
thread?
  There's also the little problem of change every few years with new
versions of Windows.