Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 13:24:46 -0800
From:
Hal Hart <[log in to unmask]>
AdaWorks wrote:

> Interesting comments from Ben on DC Metro.  It reminds me that
> there was talk earlier this year about Ada for the New York
> transit system.  Did anything ever come out of that?

I actually met the contractor doing that NYC subway extension at the SEI Symposium
in September.  He played dumb with me as I was talking about the several subway
systems around the world going in Ada and that we were pretty sure at least the
"design" of the new NY system was being done in Ada.  Then he admitted his company
was the contractor and confirmed Ada was still the PL.  I was too slow on the
uptake to get his card or remember his name.  Someone must know how to track this
contractor down; they may be reluctant to talk or be publicized until the work's
done, but then...   -hh