= from Xavier LANDES, Dominique CANEVET
= THALES INFORMATION SYSTEM Toulon (FRANCE)
= we will have to port an application written in ADA 83 language
= from SUN Os to Solaris environment.
= ? do you know some programers who still have the experience of
= porting ADA application from SUN Os to Solaris environment.
= We would like to have contact with these programers
If you're interested to hear/read about experiences in porting a large
complex Ada 83 application to Ada 95 (including other upgrades at the
same time, such as HP-UX version, Oracle version, etc.), and many other
relevant papers, then you definitely should try to attend (part of) the
Ada-Europe'2001 conference next week in Leuven, Belgium.
FYI, I append the final (summary) call for papers here.
See http://www.ada-europe.org/conference2001.html for all details.
Especially relevant is the session on "System Evolution", Thursday
Hope this helps,
Ada-Europe'2001 Program Co-Chair
-- cut here ------- >8 ------- >8 ------- >8 ------- >8 ------- >8 -----
From dirk Sun May 6 23:35:15 2001
Subject: FINAL Call - Reliable Software Technologies, Ada-Europe'2001
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 23:35:15 +0200 (MET DST)
Below is an updated program summary of the 6th International Conference
on Reliable Software Technologies - Ada-Europe'2001 - to be held next
week, May 14-18, 2001, in Leuven, Belgium.
This conference is the ideal opportunity
- to check out the many activities going on in the international Ada
and reliable software community,
- to stay up to date by attending presentations by our 5 invited
speakers and 29 paper presenters,
- to get up to speed in a short time by participating in some of the
8 tutorials given by experts in their domain,
- to visit the exhibition and vendor presentations by most of the
important players in the field, and
- to socialize with many experts from the Ada community.
If you haven't registered yet, now is the time to do it!
Dirk Craeynest, Ada-Europe'2001 Program Co-Chair
Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this announcement.
3rd Call for Participation
6th International Conference on
Reliable Software Technologies - Ada-Europe'2001
May 14-18, 2001, Leuven, Belgium
Organized by Ada-Belgium and K.U.Leuven
Sponsored by Ada-Europe
In cooperation with ACM SIGAda
*** 2nd UPDATED PROGRAM SUMMARY ***
A 16-page color brochure is available on the conference website, and
will be updated with the latest information shortly. Select "Program"
to download a PDF version or to request the printed program.
- Mon 14 & Fri 18: 8 full- or half-day tutorials
- Tue 15 - Thu 17: paper & vendor presentation sessions, exhibition
- Dirk Craeynest, Offis nv/sa & K.U.Leuven, Belgium,
[log in to unmask]
- Alfred Strohmeier, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
in Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland, [log in to unmask]
- Building formal requirement models for reliable software
Axel van Lamsweerde, Université Catholique de Louvain, Belgium
- Using Ada in interactive digital television systems
Pascal Héraud, CANAL+ Technologies, France
- Testing from formal specifications, a generic approach
Marie-Claude Gaudel, Université de Paris-Sud, France (*)
- A Report on the Software Engineering Body of Knowledge Project !NEW!
James W. Moore, The MITRE Corporation, USA
- Logic versus Magic in critical systems
Peter Amey, Praxis Critical Systems, UK
- Can Java meet its real-time deadlines?
Brian Dobbing, Praxis Critical Systems, UK,
co-author Ben Brosgol, ACT, USA
(*) MC Gaudel was involved in a car accident and is still recovering.
Her paper is printed in the proceedings but her keynote speech
will be replaced by J.W. Moore's SWEBOK Report.
- Art Duncan: "Non-standard techniques in Ada" (full day)
- Peter Amey & Rod Chapman: "Practical experiences of safety-critical
Ada technologies" (full day)
- Jeff Tian: "Early reliability measurement and improvement" (half day)
- Gregory Neven, Maarten Coene & Roel Addriaensens: "An introduction to
XML" (half day)
- John Harbaugh: "From full concurrency to safe concurrency" (full day)
- Samuel Tardieu, Laurent Pautet & Thomas Quinot: "Building distributed
systems with Ada" (full day)
- Matthew Heaney: "Implementing design patterns in Ada: sequential
programming idioms" (half day)
- Bruce Lewis & Ed Colbert: "Architecture centred development and
evolution of reliable real-time systems" (half day)
- 35 papers on Formal Methods, Testing, High-Integrity Systems, Program
Analysis, Distributed Systems, Real-Time Systems, Language and
Patterns, Dependable Systems, APIs and Components, Real-Time Kernels,
Standard Formats: UML & XML, System Evolution, and Software Process &
- authors from Australia, Belgium, China, France, Germany, Israel,
Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, USA
- 9 exhibitors already committed: ACT Europe, Aonix, DDC-I, Green
Hills, Irvine Compiler, Praxis Critical Systems, Rational Software,
TNI-Europe and Top Graph'X
- separate vendor presentation tracks for exhibitors
- book shop will display and sell a wide variety of books relevant
to the conference theme !NEW!
Social evening events
- Mon: welcome reception with Belgian beers
- Tue: guided tour of historic town hall followed by civic reception
- Wed: guided historic walk followed by conference banquet at Faculty
Club in Groot Begijnhof
- Thu: visit to Stella Artois brewery followed by tasting session
- includes copy of full proceedings, published by Springer-Verlag in
Lecture Notes in Computer Science series (LNCS), plus booklet with
- includes coffee breaks and lunches
- discounts for academia, Ada-Europe and ACM members
- conference registration form (small PDF file):
- hotel reservation form (small web page):
- preliminary program (large PDF file, contains all information and forms):
For more info, latest updates, or to get printed brochures, see the
conference web site at http://www.ada-europe.org/conference2001.html
or contact Dirk Craeynest mailto: [log in to unmask]
Dirk Craeynest, Ada-Europe'2001 Program Co-Chair
Dirk Craeynest | Email [log in to unmask] (AE'2001)
Offis - Aubay Group | [log in to unmask] (work) | Ada-Belgium
Weiveldlaan 41/32 | Phone +32(2)725.40.25 | Ada-Europe
B-1930 Zaventem | +32(2)729.97.36 (work) | ACM SIGAda
Belgium | Fax +32(2)725.40.12 | Team Ada
*** Intl. Conference on Reliable Software Technologies - Ada-Europe'2001
*** May 14-18, 2001, Leuven, Belgium **** http://www.ada-europe.org/ ***