"Team Ada: Ada Programming Language Advocacy (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 22:33:47 -0600
From:
Because for many small projects, such as verifying a set of data,
and converting it from one format to another, the large number
of good primitive data-types of Ada means that
  "almost all you hve to do it write the data defintions".
The code will write itself.
   For example, if you have to convert a set of data with data values
that are a sequence with holds into another sequence with holes,
writing
   1)  A type definition
   2)   Two derivired types from the first
   3)   A rep-spec for each of the derived types
   4)   Two instantians of ENUMERATION_IO.
   5)    One assigment statement to up-convert and then down-covert.
and you hvae your program.
     Try doing those data mappings as easily
   + verifying the correctness of the values of your original data
    easier in some other programming language.

...Paul S.