Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Advocacy Issues (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 16:27:17 -0500
From: Tony <[log in to unmask]>
> >I am having to select another book for my classes.

>Anything wrong with Norman Cohen's "Ada As A Second Language"? For a long
time
>now I've found it to be far superior to Barnes, but I guess that depends on
the
>target audience. One of the things I like about Cohen's book is the way he
often
>compares features to other languages like C++ and FORTRAN 90.

I use Cohen due to the depth it provides for reference a year later, but it
is very difficult for newer students (with little actual programming
expirence) to sort through.  I only use it as a reference and to make people
smile with a handout though, so I can not rate it against any other book as
a teaching tool.

Tony
Adamantium

Request a CDROM  1-800-333-3633