From:
Craig Spannring <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Spannring <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 22:37:37 -0600
Andrew Logue writes:
 > (I have made several
 > unsuccessful attempts to unsubscribe and am hoping that I will be kicked
 > out for publicly flaming Mr. Spanning)

That was certainly the gentlest flaming I've ever gotten.

 > Richard Conn is correct in his view that Ada needs more public backing
 > to survive.

Yes, Ada does need more public backing, but the past 6 months or so,
Richard seems to be advocating droping Ada and using Visual Basic
instead.  Now maybe Visual Basic is the greatest thing every and maybe
it's not, but this list IS NOT TEAM-MICROSOFT and Visual Basic
advocacy belongs elsewhere.

 Life is short.                  | Craig Spannring
      Bike hard, ski fast.       | [log in to unmask]
 Any sufficiently horrible technology is indistinguishable from Perl.