From:
Bard Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 09:00:50 EDT
Teamers,

I am pleased to announce that my book entitled
"Ada Essentials: Overview, Examples and Glossary"
is now available from Trafford Publishing, Victoria, BC
and may be purchased at www.trafford.com.  You can
search their "Bookstore" using Ada as subject or
Crawford as author, or you can go directly to
www.trafford.com/robots/00-0035.html.
The price is $23.95 (US approx.) or $36.85 (Canadian).

This is a short (228 pages) book designed to help a
person get started with the language by focusing on
the essentials and providing lots of example short
programs.  There are six chapters, three appendices
and a 20-page glossary/index.  The first four chapters
cover the essentials, while the last two provide
brief introductions to Ada's support for OOP and
concurrency, respectively.

For those of you attending Ada Europe in Potsdam
this week -- sorry I can't be with you, and feel
free to pass the word about this book.  ;-)
It is my hope that this book will play a role in
the future growing popularity of Ada.  Once again,
I want to thank Team Ada members who provided
useful input to the earlier draft of the browser-
based version (see web site below).

Bard S. Crawford
Stage Harbor Software
www.LearnAda.com