From:
David Botton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Botton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 19:34:36 -0700
Since you are already using CLAW and on Win32, you
should use a more up to date technology, ADO. You can
access OLEDB, ODBC, or other windows data provider.
I've used it succesfuly on a number of projects and
find that performance when using an OLEDB data
provider (in my case SQL Server) is much faster then
through ODBC. When using an ODBC data source, I find
that the performance is comprable to direct ODBC
bindings. There are many other advantages to ADO over
ODBC, just pick up any book on ADO for more
information (like access to multi dimensional data,
non-database oriented data providers, exchange
servers, DCOM access, memory management,
multi-threaded support, etc.)

There are two very simple ADO examples (one that goes
through ODBC the other OLEDB Jet Database provider) in
the GNATCOM package, see
http://www.adapower.com/gnatcom and professional
support is available for GNATCOM from [log in to unmask]

David Botton

http://photos.yahoo.com/