From:
Randy Brukardt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Randy Brukardt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 17:38:52 -0600
(Apologies if you see this more than once.)

We're looking to beef up the technical overviews/articles of Ada on the
AdaIC web site. We'd like to bridge the gap between experience reports ("Ada
at Work") and the heavy technical material (like the Ada Reference Manual).
We have a few pages like this (some of which are pretty old), but we'd like
to find more.

The purpose of the AdaIC web site is to provide a place to find positive
information about Ada, in order to encourage both new and existing users of
Ada.

Some of the topics that I'd like to have more articles on include:

  An overall overview of Ada. (We have an overview of the Ada 95 features,
but we really need an overview of the language as a whole.)

  Comparative pieces (and experience):
     Ada vs. C
     Ada vs. C++
     Ada vs. Java

  Overviews of using Ada in a Java environment (Applets, other apps, either
using JGNAT or AdaMagic).

   And anything else that someone interested in using Ada (and coming from
another language) might like to know.

We're interested both in articles that we can post on the AdaIC, and links
that we can make to other web sites. Please nominate articles/links by
sending them and a brief description to us at [log in to unmask] (I may or
may not see replies here.)

Articles ought to be available in electronic form, and should be available
for free access. You can nominate articles you've written, or those that you
like. (Feel free to nominate articles found on the AdaIC archive site, too;
it will help us determine what to work on.) We'd prefer that articles be
generic (that is, not specific to any particular product or implementation),
but that is not an absolute requirement. (It would be hard to say anything
useful about making Applets, for instance, without referring to a particular
implementation.)

                                Randy Brukardt
                                co-webmaster, Adaic