From:
Michael Feldman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Feldman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 10:43:12 -0400
[said Colin]

> "I have not had a tip on a substantive addition to this list in two
> years or so, maybe even longer. (The latest revision date is 6/22/02,
> but that was only to fix a couple of dead links.)
>
> Anyone have anything to offer?"
>
> You could always try to keep in touch with domain-targeting conferences instead
> of language-targeting conferences.
>
> Good luck,
> Colin Paul Gloster

Well, maintaining that list is only a small hobby for me, among many
other job responsibilities and hobbies. Most of the items in that
list came from tips I got from Teamers. As advocates, we all seem to
keep our antennas up looking for any hints of Ada out there, and
mine are not picking up very much.

There's only so much "staying in touch" I have time for - I need
to depend on other advocates (like y'all out there).

As for "freedom to report" - as you all know, I (like any good
"investigative journalist") protect my sources.

*Certainly*, if a project is mentioned in a sponsor's or implementer's
website, it's not confidential, so nobody needs to fear pointing me to
the web. Even if nothing is on the web, I will add a listing
on the say-so of a Teamer tipster who claims to know.

I know very well that nobody wants to get sacked over revealing
the language used in a project. If there are a *lot* of Ada projects
for which that is really an issue, I guess it's good news that there
are so many projects, but bad news that it'll never help us break out
of the Catch 22.

Bottom line: if you know something that will help, use your
judgement about whether it's safe to tell me. Write from a 1-shot
hotmail account if necessary.:-)

Mike