Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 07:42:52 -0700
From:
"Robert C. Leif, Ph.D." <[log in to unmask]>
To: Bob Crispen et al.
From: Bob Leif, Ph.D.

You are absolutely correct! The purpose of MARKETING is to inform managers
that the use of Ada and software engineering will result in "reliable, safe
software that comes
in on time and on budget" and that the software will also have the great
added benefit of being maintainable.  In short, what a manager wants is NOT
a software tool but risk reduction.

For instance, at the Sun Meetings I have attended Java code was never
shown! Most people buy products to solve problems. For instance, I have
been telling the vendors that they must support the Windows CE platform. I
suspect an Ada compiler for Windows CE might even help Boeing with its in
flight entertainment software.