Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 13:05:40 -0500
From:
Pat Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
>John Harbaugh wrote:
>
>>This illustrates a fundamental advantage of Ada:  It is difficult
>>write correct programs that have typos.
>
>I agree in general, but there is one pitfall in the case of OOP
(which by
>the way is not unique to Ada).  If you misspell the name of a
subprogram
>intended to override an otherwise implicitly inherited operation,
then you
>do not override it even  though you think you have.  Example:

The English especially like the spellings of Initialize and Finalize
for this reason.  :-)

---
Pat Rogers                            Training and Consulting in:
http://www.classwide.com      Deadline Schedulability Analysis
[log in to unmask]                   Software Fault Tolerance
(281)648-3165                        Real-Time/OO Languages