Date:
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 14:05:49 -0700
7BIT
From:
"Martin C. Carlisle" <[log in to unmask]>
Note that SIGAda has had a presence at SIGCSE (Computer Science
Education) for the last couple of years anyway (probably longer, but
I am new to the Ada scene).  We gave away CDs with Aonix's free
educational version, along with GNAT/AdaGIDE.  I was at the booth
this past year (and expect to be this year too assuming SIGAda has
one) and have been willing to provide support to colleagues at other
universities who want to get started with Ada.

--Martin

>  On a seperate but related note.  I have recently seen several graduate
> schools in
> my area promoting thier environments and labs as being equipped with the
> lastest
> inovations from a certain Northwest US company.  I am sure a large donation of
> tools
> was made to the school in exchange for advertizing the provider and training
> new
> recruits.  What a joy it would be to see the same from several Ada vendors to
> help
> increase market share and awareness.  I am not suggesting going after schools
> heavily
> entrenched in the C/C++ world but how about those places still using Pascal,
> Modula,
> FORTRAM, etc.

Martin C. Carlisle, Asst Prof of Comp Sci,
US Air Force Academy, [log in to unmask]
http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfcs/bios/carlisle.html

DISCLAIMER: The content of this message does not
necessarily reflect the opinions of the US Air
Force Academy, or the US government