From:
David Botton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 13:35:36 -0700
Well, ala gcc is GNAT (http://www.gnat.com). ACT also
releases a public unsupported version at
ftp://cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat

GNAT is a member of GCC (the GNU Compiler Collection)

There are GUI frameworks and tools for building GUIs
available as Open Source also. See
http://www.adapower.com/reuse and for Win32
frameworks, http://www.adapower.com/windows

In time technologies like Emacs w/ Ada-Mode will
combine closer with GNAT, something like Rapid (a
cross platform GUI builder), and GUI's libs like
AdaGTK. Throw in a component development framework
that has ActiveX support (use and creation) on Win32
and I say we are close.

David Botton