Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 22:49:03 -0500
From:
"Richard L. Conn" <[log in to unmask]>
Perhaps ... I could have had a lot of exposure to
M$, but I've had a lot of exposure to Ada, UNIX, and
the others as well.  As a result, I see a lot of
different views.  There is also the chance that
others have not had ENOUGH exposure to M$ to look
through the heresay and see what is happening.

May I suggest (for further reading):
  1. MIT Technology Review (all the 1999 issues)
  2. The report and follow-up to the President's
Information Technology Advisory Committee

I can't post the first one, but I can post the second.
It will be on the next Ada and Software Engineering CD.
It is on the web now; look under
  http://www.whitehouse.gov/
and search for PITAC.  Details are at:
  http://www.ccic.gov/
and search for PITAC.

Yes, something is wrong (there's a LOT wrong), but
something is also right.  I don't have the
Australian point of view, but I can share the point
of view I have, as can you.  We certainly welcome it.

Rick
Richard Conn, ASE and PAL Manager
http://xenadu.home.mindspring.com/