Date:
Thu, 8 May 1997 08:26:27 -0500
From:
"W. Wesley Groleau (Wes)" <[log in to unmask]>
Michael Feldman wrote:
> to comp.lang.ada. This is quite an unusual job posting - the largest
> subway system in the U.S., and I think the world (measured in route miles)
> is apparently using, or getting ready to use, Ada in signaling and
> train control operations. I see this as a big breakthrough - we've

It is good news that they are _considering_ it.  The job description
suggests to me that they want a person familiar with Ada and C++ to
"assess contractor's proposals for systems" which could mean they need
someone who's not a fanatic for either side.  If the intent is to
_add_to_
the existing system, Ada 95's interfacing features make it a likely win
over C++ (except to a fanatic).

W. Wesley Groleau (Wes), Hughes Defense Communications, Fort Wayne, IN
USA
Senior Software Engineer - AFATDS                      Tool-smith
Wanna-be

w w g r o l   at   p s e s e r v 3   dot   f w   dot   h a c   dot   c o

SPAM should be sent to   [log in to unmask]
If you don't want to pay $500 (see 47 USC 227), don't send it here.