Date:
Mon, 19 May 1997 12:43:05 -0500
From:
"W. Wesley Groleau (Wes)" <[log in to unmask]>
> > enquiry. I thought that the illusion that you could create useful
> > documentation with such tools had essentially disappeared twenty
> > years ago (in the 60's and 70's, there were many such tools around,
> > but all they did was to generate piles of junk -- of course if the
> > requirement for documentation is measured just by bulk, they are
> > handy tools indeed :-)

One man's junk is another man's treasure :-)
Seriously, I found Logiscope's generation of "control graphs" (a flow
chart without words) very useful for maintenance.  When something
has a V(g) of 50+, a quick glance at a control graph reveals sections
that have the same shape.  Often these are repeated patterns that
can be factored out into subprograms.

    Wes Groleau, Hughes Defense Communications, Fort Wayne, IN USA
Senior Software Engineer - AFATDS                  Tool-smith Wanna-be

  w w g r o l  at  p s e u l t 0 1  dot  f w  dot  h a c  dot  c o m

     SPAM should be sent to   [log in to unmask]
 If you don't want to pay $500 (see 47 USC 227), don't send it here.